Employment at Mount St Benedict College
Mount St Benedict College is a Years 7-12 Independent Catholic Girls College with a total enrolment of over 1000 students.
Mount St Benedict staff are professionals whose work is guided by the values of the Good Samaritan, enunciated in the College's Mission and Vision Statement:
Inspired and informed by our Good Samaritan heritage, Mount St Benedict College educates young women in a Catholic Community where all are encouraged to contribute with the gifts given to them to make a difference in the world.
Based on the Benedictine traditions of Pax, Hospitality and Stewardship, the College places an emphasis on a holistic education. Students learn through academic programs, mission programs, pastoral care and well-being programs, physical activities and other co-curricular pursuits.
Appointed staff have access to:
- Classrooms which are well designed with modern furniture and state of the art teaching and learning resources. Teaching spaces provide an ICT rich environment with computers, data projectors and dedicated audio visual technology. Flexible contemporary learning spaces are features of the College.
- Support, resources and facilities, including study desks, their own laptop, lunchroom and kitchenette and the vital resources for lesson preparation research and communication
- Ongoing strategic professional development which is a crucial component of achieving high quality teaching and learning. At Mount St Benedict all staff share in managed and meaningful professional learning opportunities which are personalised, and, for teaching staff, are aligned with the standards of the Australian Institute for Teachers and School Leadership.
What we offer:
- Work with highly qualified, experienced and skilled colleagues
- Teachers can focus on the art of teaching and facilitate the cooperative learning of students
- Enjoy the challenges of innovative curriculum development and work in well-resourced learning environments
- Teachers are able to seek accreditation through a well-managed and clearly articulated process
- Opportunities to become involved in the life of the College including Social Club, Immersion Trips and Mission initiatives.